Sunday, January 18, 2015

2015

Happy 2015 :)   Here's a little update on us.  We are hoping 2015 will be an exciting year for us.  We've been back back in Indiana for about 6 months now.  And we're about to move again! This time only about 15-20 miles.  We will be taking our turn living in my grandparents rental farmhouse.  We are very thankful for the opportunity it will provide and feel it is a real blessing.  Since we plan on being there at least a few years, we decided to make a few simple renovations before moving in.  

Almost every spare moment lately has been spent out there painting, cleaning, ripping up old carpet, and just prepping.  I've discovered that HGTV has a serious fast forward button.  Everything takes so much time! :)

Tedd is still working part time and attending school.  He did very well his first semester and ended up making the Deans List.  He just started the new semester this week.  I'm hoping this semester goes just as smoothly.
I still love my job.  I learn something new every single day, literally.  But, that's what makes it exciting!  Some days are stressful, but I wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

Flea was sick and wouldn't eat for a few days.  Since he's no spring chicken, we got really worried.  We eventually discovered an oral ulcer (think canker sore).  There are a lot of different underlying diseases that can make these happen, but all of his labwork came back completely normal.  (yay!) So we're just hoping it doesn't happen again.  As of right now he is back to being 100% his ornery self!  


 Calvin, in his true "i'm a broken puppy mill dog with thousands of problems" nature hurt his back.  Luckily it healed with rest, medications and time.  After it healed, he had his right knee surgery re-done.  That was about 3 weeks ago.  He's still healing from that.  But he's doing very well.  I know that just about everyone thinks we're crazy for what we do for him.  But just LOOK at that face! He brings me a lot of joy, and I'll do what I can for him.


On a more personal note.  I've been through a lot of ups and downs recently.  The people here on this earth are just that...humans.  We all struggle. We all fail.  I am no exception.  But with the help of some wonderful people(friends and family), an amazing pastor, and God...I'm pulling through!
The more trials that I face, the more important I feel like it is to reach out to other people.  I truly believe that sometimes the "reason" that we face these things is so that we can help other people through the same thing later.  

That being said, Beth Moore is one of my favorite authors.  She is just a really good "Jesus Girl" role model for me.  I found this at the Christian bookstore the other day.  Its a great book and I would suggest it to anyone.

I am in awe every single day of this awesome, living God that I serve.  And amid whatever uncertainty you're facing, God WILL take care of you if you let him.  

1 comment:

  1. An instructive post. People to really know who they want to reach and why or else, they'll have no way to know what they're trying to achieve. People need to hear this and have it drilled in their brains..
    Thanks for sharing this great article.
    Wish to get more about cheapest SEO SMM

    ReplyDelete