Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Playing catch up

The past 12-13 months have been a whirlwind!
Tedd FINALLY came home from Afghanistan safe and sound.  Tedd's  active duty contract was not up until May of 2015.  We were anticipating finishing out that contract living in Fort Leonard Wood.


Surprise!  The army had other plans.  Due to the Army downsizing, with the Afghan dust still on his boots, Tedd was told his unit was shutting down.  And that his contract now ended in September.  And then we realized that he had over 2 months of "leave" saved up.  So, we would really be leaving Missouri and moving back to Indiana in July.


There was some rushing and fretting about getting things done, but I still can not believe how much God has blessed us throughout this journey.  2013 was a rough year.  But I can look back now and see that God was working overtime!  There were days I wasn't sure I would survive.  I now find peace and understanding in this verse..


Revelation 3:19
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.


It was uncomfortable at times.  Okay, lets just be real.  It SUCKED.  But God has really changed me. (more on that later)


So in July we moved back to Indiana.  It has been a fun transition.  We are able to see our families and old friends. I have to admit, I do miss my Missouri friends.  And no matter what happens, I will forever be thankful for them helping me through a very difficult time in my life.


Tedd started college in August.  It has been an adjustment, but he is doing very well!  He is working part time, and is also part of the Army Reserve, now serving one weekend per month.


As for me, I was blessed with a position at an amazing hospital.  It really is my dream job!  There is so much to learn, especially being out of the field for 3 years.  Some days I feel like a total failure, but I am very committed to working hard until I am really an asset.   I finished up my required CE and was able to re-instate my state license  so that I am legally an RVT again.  Woot! 


Stay tuned for part 2 of the update!

No comments:

Post a Comment