Sunday, April 8, 2012

Stress Level=High!

Tuesday I had orientation for my new job, and I started Wednesday. I really like it! I feel like it is going to give me a lot of useful skills in my career. Whatever that may be. LOL.

I really thought I had things figured out. Now I don't even know what I really want to do or be when I "grow up". Its okay though. I feel like this is where I am supposed to be right now and thats all that matters. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. If that is not the case, don't tell me otherwise because I am believing myself as of now. :)

We are still taking our foster care classes. We're half way done! I finally bit the bullet and moved Trixie out into the mudroom so we could set up the kids room. I don't think she minds being out there. It has been a bit of a challenge to set up home visits because Tedd and I are working different schedules right now. I am a little confused at how any family that has to work for a living can have both the "mom and dad" home between 8 am and 5pm. Whatever. We'll make it work. I bought a few more books and games at thrift stores this week. Its exciting to think it may not be much longer before we have a placement.

Then there comes the stressful part. My dear friend Taya is getting married to my cousin in 5 weeks. I am soooo excited for them. They have been engaged forever and have waited for this for over a year and a half! But can I just say that being a bridesmaid is THE most stressful responsibility ever! Well at least being a good bridesmaid is. And its expensive! Besides paying for at LEAST 1/3 of the shower, you have the dress, the shoes, the hair, the tanning, the nails, the shower gift, the wedding gift, the travel, the hotel room, etc etc. lol. You do it because you love them :) But my goodness I am gettin too old for this! haha.

To make matters worse, I picked up my dress from the bridal shop last weekend in Indiana. THEY (the bridal shop) ordered the WRONG size. It was completly and 100% their fault. And they won't do anything about it since its "so close" to the wedding. When did customer service die? So I now have to figure of of that out. STRESSFUL!

I worked last night from 2:30pm-11pm. I got in my car to leave. My car wouldn't start. For real? Is this really happening?

This morning I got up and took the dog outside to potty. He wouldn't take a treat (which is CRAZY for him) and started trying to vomit. If you have any idea how much money we've spent trying to get him well after having pneumonia and many other issues...you would understand me wanting to throw myself into the grass next to him and scream.

And last but not least. Do you ever have times when you feel like absolutley no one "gets" you? I just want to not have to explain myself. I am tired of explaining why I switched jobs, why I am stressed out, and why I feel the ways I do. People are so selfish and manipulating. I'm tired of being made to feel bad because I am not doing what makes someone else happy. I think I need to go spend some time in prayer huh? lol. I know. I need to get over it.
Sorry for the negativity :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you! Hope your stress levels can come down some.

    ReplyDelete