Thursday, February 16, 2012

A lot has been happening around here! Last week we had our first initial home visit for Foster Care. I actually remained really calm and did not stress out about it. It went really well! Our case workers name is Angie. She is really sweet. She had us give her a tour of our home and then explained all of the paperwork and procedures that we needed to complete before the classes start. :)

Saturday was Tedd's Birthday. He has been wanting a grill FOREVER. We've never had one since we've been married. So last week I snuck to Lowe's after work and bought him a grill. I also bought him a grill brush. I boxed and wrapped the $2 grill brush and left it out the entire week lol. Then on his birthday he was not expecting a grill :) He was super excited, and he's been cooking on it a ton since Saturday!
Also last week, this little man joined the Miller Family. Tedd named him Calvin. He's a toy poodle. He originally came from a puppy mill ( :( poor guy!) but I got him from a rescue. Getting a dog was the absolute LAST thing on my mind. But when I saw him I instantly fell in love. He has an old injury to his left front leg, which is why the puppy mill gave him up. So he has a funny limp but he doesn't mind at all and it sure doesn't slow him down! He's confined to the kitchen and laundry room until he's 100% potty trained. We're getting a lot of laughs from him lately!
Here he is thinking he's being a big help decorating for Tedd's birthday LOL

And to give you an idea of just how small he is, here's apic of him in Tedd's lap. He's now over 2 lbs. I don't have a clue how big he will be...but I know that it will still be little!



Now off to get things done so I can relax for a few hours on my day off! Have a good week!








No comments:

Post a Comment