Friday, January 13, 2012

Thankful

Any of you who actually know me, know that my mind never stops. One thing that has been on my mind lately is some of the things I am thankful for. These are things that I have previously taken for granted. I think especially in our materialistic society we don't realize just how lucky we are to have them!

Each one of these things I lived without at some point in the past year on our journey. But I am thankful to have today...
  1. My husband! I thank God every. single. day. that I wake up and see my husband beside me. I don't care if the alarm is going off at 4 am. I don't care if he is snoring. I don't care how mad he's made me the night before. The point is, that he's there. After spending 5 months waking up without him, I vow to never again take that for granted. He is my love and soul mate. We never know where the army will take us, or when. But for right now, I am SO thankful that he is beside me right now.
  2. A job. Again, not having one makes you so very thankful when you do.
  3. Health insurance.
  4. A washer and Dryer. Seriously ya'll. 4 months. No washer and dryer. The laundromat is expensive!
  5. A close, supportive church family.
  6. Good friends just seconds away
  7. A working dishwasher.
  8. Two running vehicles
This is a very random list that includes very few things. But you get the point. I'm thankful! God is so good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment