Thursday, January 26, 2012

Love one another.

So I was asked a question not too long ago. Multiple people have asked me this question. I always respond the same, and I always have many other things I would like to say floating around my head :).

The question was something like, "Do you ever worry about people seeing what you post in your blog?"
The big answer here is, "NO" To be completely honest, there aren't many people who read my blog anyway. Living over 500 miles away from our families I have started blogging more to keep whoever takes the time to read updated. I've also started writing more so that we have something to look back on in 20 years to see all that we've done and seen. And I'll tell you right now that 20 years of scrapbooks would not make it unharmed in multiple moves LOL.

I worried about the blog at first and wondered what people would "think" after every post I wrote. Not any more.

I am so. over. judgemental. people. I am also really over people who pretend to know whats going on in your life and then want to voice their opinion on how you should handle things. I'm praying for them now. That is not a sarcastic statement. Over the past year I have come to understand that they have some other reason (that has nothing to do with us) that they feel or act the way they do.

When Tedd decided to join the army we had A LOT of backlash. This is not referring to ANY one person. It came from everywhere. I was so hurt. How can people be so judgemental and mean? It made me really angry. Over the past year I've started thinking about it.

The people who judge like that, don't truly know us. As you're reading my blog you might think I disclose everything. I don't. I believe that there are many things that should be kept private.
Tedd and I had literally discussed him joining the army for a few years before he actually did. We felt (and still do feel) like it is where God wants us right now. Getting up and turning your world upside down is not always easy. But if its where God wants us...I'm going to listen. He has blessed us beyond what we could ever imagine once we finally started listening.

So I have decided, and I challenge you to do the same. That I will no longer worry about the judgement. God will take care of that. Who are we to judge our neighbors? I have no idea what is going on in their hearts or in their homes. Lets LOVE them. No matter what we "think". Let's PRAY for them. Its a work in progress. No one is perfect. We all sin. But lets be a little easier on each other. It seems that with each month I get almost "softer". Every time I see someone doing something "crazy" I try really hard to put "myself in their shoes". You NEVER know what you will do in their situation...unless you are there.

When someone tells you something, or you find out about something. Don't "jump to judgement" Love, prayers and hugs are MUCH more effective :). Ok. I will now step off of my soapbox :)

This is a sneak peak of what I will be telling you about in my next post :)




1 comment:

  1. OMGOSH!!! i LOVE this blog post! and my, oh my, I wonder what you're next post could be about?!?! i just cannot even wait to find out!!! :D <3 ya!!!

    ReplyDelete