Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What we've been doing lately.

We've been up to a lot lately. Here are some highlights:
  • We got our Christmas Tree from Trees for Troops. We decorated it and its very pretty! Trees for Troops is an awesome organization. They give out FREE live trees to military families. If you have the time, you should google them.
  • "Puss and Boots" was playing at the Theater on base for FREE. So I gathered a posse and we went. It was a really cute movie, and a lot of fun.
  • Our church Christmas program was Sunday evening. The kids and some adults did a really good play. Afterward was the Christmas dinner.
  • As crazy as it seems, a long time family friend (Joe) is in the army and stationed here as well. He and his friend (whom I previously nicknamed "Montana") came over and the four of us (Tedd included lol) had a Monopoly playing marathon. It was so much fun. I went to bed after 11pm. And Tedd said they finished around 1:30 AM. Thats a lot of Monopoly! haha.
  • I started a new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started last Friday. I absolutely love it! What a blessing. Its at a really nice vet clinic and I get to do my vet tech thing that I love :). Besides the fact that we need the money, I am a career person through and through. I feel sooo much better about myself all around when I am working.
  • Tedd and I are both joining Bible Studies through our church. They are both based on the new "Courageous" movie. The only difference is the men's study and one is the women's.
  • We are not coming home for Christmas this year. There are quite a few of our friends who are also staying here with no family. We are trying to find a very cheap way to do something fun to celebrate. Maybe driving around and looking at lights? We'll see.
Thanks again for all of the prayers from everyone. Things are really going well here! I know I keep saying this, but we really do love it. Its hard to believe that not even 2 months ago there was so much uncertainty in our lives. God has really blessed us! We ask for your continued prayers and we keep all of our friends and family in our prayers always! I am off to crank up the Christmas music louder to try to drown out the sound of the basic training soldiers screaming their cadences/songs! Sometimes from my kitchen it is really loud! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment