Sunday, December 18, 2011

That kinda weekend...

When you are pouring yourself a nice cup of coffee before church in the morning and the top to the pot flies off and coffee splatters to every surface possible. I should also mention that I polished cabinets yesterday! ugh. Go figure. Haha.

And when you find a teeny fire pit on a craigslist like website and haggle the seller down to $20. Not only do they accept...but they deliver. Seriously? Just so we are all on the same page here: Yes, we did roast marshmallows outside tonight. Psh What you don't do that in mid December? Your loss! haha

The kind of weekend when a single piece of green quilted fabric is the coolest thing...ever. I'm not exactly sure how it started. But now he drags it around the house, hides under it, lays on it and basically basks in its awesome-ness. Who would have thought that a scrap of fabric would have brought such entertainment? haha


We also rang the bell for Salvation Army this weekend. We did it for Church and Tedd and I were both at opposite ends of Wal-mart. You may be thinking, "Aww how nice!". Well yes, it did indeed make us feel all warm and fuzzy. BUT we also got a great hour of "people watching in" LOL. As we donned our super attractive bright red Aprons and rang the never ending bell, we watched. I watched as a little girl get her finger stuck in my bucket. Tedd watched as a husband dropped his wife off at the entrance to Wal-mart. And also as said woman got out of the vehicle through the window. Straight up Dukes of Hazzard Style yo. I'm laughing out loud right now.


We decided to take a short drive. I'll never get tired of looking at the mountains. As we were driving, I saw something I never thought I could imagine. You know how normal people have these nice nets around their kid's trampolines for safety?



Well not here in SouthCentral Missouri. As Tedd was driving, my jaw dropped. Honest to goodness. There was a trampoline with rope, pvc pipe and barbed wire around it instead of a safety net. That'll teach those kids to jump in the middle! I can't even make this kind of stuff up people! HAHA


Very entertaining weekend to say the least. :)











1 comment:

  1. OMGosh!!!!! I totally thought I saw you ringing the bell at Walmart...were you on the side by the Pharmacy???? seriously, i stopped and did a double take and then i thought "That woman probably thinks I'm crazy" lol and kept walking.

    ReplyDelete