Thursday, December 1, 2011

Say what?


One of the things I said when we started this journey was that I was going to try to take advantage of every opportunity that the army made available to us. The Army Community Service, or ACS, here on post offers a lot of things to the military and their family.

I have always wanted to meet with a financial planner. I never thought I would ever be able to afford it. Well today I did just that. How cool is that? I met with a financial planner for over an hour today and have another appointment next week. She was not only explaining how to determine interest rates, but also which debts (car loans, student loans etc.) to pay off first, and the best way to save.

She explained IRA's, 401 K's, and tons more. It was such a wake up call to me that we need to start planning for our retirement. It was great to have someone crunching our numbers and giving us advice.
The best part is that it is a service the army provides for free. :) I'm actually excited to go finish up next week!

1 comment:

  1. Nate and I took a Dave Ramsey financial peace course when we first got married--I totally nerded out on it! It's good to feel in control (or like you're getting control) of your finances. :D

    ReplyDelete