Wednesday, October 26, 2011

If you would have told me...

Remember in elementary school and high school when your teachers would ask you where you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years etc? I do.
I remember knowing EXACTLY how my life would pan out. I was sure of it. I won't put you to sleep telling you what I had planned but what I am going to do is the following.

If you would have told me that _______________, I would have looked at you like you were C.r.A.Z.y.!!



  • I'd be living in a 900 sq. foot apartment with no yard or barn

  • I would be washing A.C.U.'s

  • I would know the meaning LES, ACU, ASU, FDS

  • I could spend months without seeing my husband

  • we are leaving tomorrow and have NO clue where we will be sleeping for the next week

  • we are leaving tomorrow and have no home set up...period.

  • I don't know where I'll be working

  • I don't know when the movers will come

  • I don't know when I'll be coming back to get my animals

  • I would have packed a bag with scissors, a skillet, a pot, a wooden spoon and a cookie sheet

  • there are sleeping bags in the pile of things we're taking with us b/c thats most likely what we'll be sleeping on

  • we may be living (wherever that is) without furniture for months

  • I would be going to the laundry mat or to my sisters to do laundry every week

  • that I would get SO excited when my husband calls

  • That my husband wouldn't know where the silverware is where I've been living for 3 months

Okay are you bored yet? I'll get to the point. FAITH. You may have it. You may think you have it. This entire year has been an enormous leap of faith for us. I have times when I worry, or stress but then I hear these words:


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)


The moral of this story is, it does matter what plans we have. God knows what he's doing. God knows where we'll be sleeping tomorrow night. He knows when we'll get a home to rent. He knows where I'll be working. He knows how much time Tedd and I will get to spend together before he has to leave again. Our plans do not always coincide with his.


So in the the near future my "plans" consist of lots of faith and prayer, lots of driving, and a lot of aleve for the backaches of sleeping in sleeping bags on the floor :).


I'll try to keep you updated if we have access to internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment