Saturday, December 18, 2010

Redesign time...

So I have changed up the blog quite a bit. I fully intend to still update you on the happenings of the MillerMiniFarm. But the purpose of the blog is changing. Have you ever gotten to a point in your life where you are in a major rut? slump? etc.

Well I've been there for a while. Nothing is "wrong" really. I just kind of feel like I'm floundering about. Sometimes I almost feel like a spectator, just watching life go on around me.

I've known I needed to take action and (with the help of God of course) regain a sense of meaning. I need to push myself. I need to make expectations for myself. I'm a creature of "comfort" I do NOT like to go out of my comfort zone. I tend to not set goals that I am not 100% sure I can meet. Why? Because thats SCARY!

One thing I deal with on a daily basis is body image and eating issues. (My biggest issue being i LOVE food lol) Anyway, I have a growing, overwhelming desire to be strong. God gave us these AMAZING bodies to live in while we live here on this earth. He designed every single cell, every mechanism, every muscle. He made it possible for our bodies to be so strong. Really. Strong.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to be a body builder lol. I don't even want big beefy muscles. I simply want to push myself. I want to see what i can do. I want to surprise myself. And I want to take care of the body God has given me.

So after much thought and consideration, I have decided to run a 1/2 marathon. Yes over 13 (count them...THIRTEEN) miles. And guess what? I'm not a runner. I can't even run a complete mile. My goal is to run it within one year. I'm shooting for September. Am I crazy? Maybe lol But I intend to bring you along for the ride. Encourage me. Laugh at me (I'll never know lol), Ask me questions, and Pray for me. Pray that I will learn something along this journey...something deeper.

Are you ready for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment