Saturday, February 20, 2010

How are those NY resolutions coming?

Ok so at the beginning of 2010, I did NOT make a new years resolution. I sat down and made a lot of little goals. I intend on stopping in and visiting that list of goals periodically to see how i'm doing. How are you doing on your goals for this year?

Here are a few of mine (I had 17 all together) I'll post on the rest soon.

1. Continue eating healthier- I feel like I'm doing excellent in this department. I really am trying to change my relationship with food. If you ever struggled with weight you know what I mean. But also this time it is more about health and wellness.

2. Exercise- I am doing better in this department as well. I am trying to exercise at least 3 days a week. Again I know this is good for me. I am NOT a runner, but I am power walking (it may be dorky but i like it), doing a great kickboxing video, doing my elliptical, and my sis and I are even starting to circuit train together...FUN.
It has FINALLY become a priority and its going to stay that way!

3. Daily Devotions- I am doing BETTER at this, still not wonderful. I have started reading through the Bible on a program. It is REALLY helping me to stay on track. If I miss a day, I go back and catch up on what I have missed. But...I know I should spend more time in prayer, and more time with God. I am working on this!

4. Tan once weekly- Okay..so I KNOW what you are all thinking. It is bad for me right? Well you are right. But tanning one time a week makes me feel better (really it does). It also helps my eczema. Since I started tanning I have not had one rash. Its worth it to me. And I also love laying in the warm tanning bed in the winter. :)

5.Budget- We are currently tracking our every cent. By doing this I think it has started to help us see where we can improve. In the past we have tried to do VERY strict budgeting all of the sudden. It failed. So we are trying to slowly change things, so that they will become habits. I wrote about the expense of running a dryer earlier this week. I am happy to report that I have not used the dryer once this week. Not even a single time. I have done 9 loads of laundry since then!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the goals! You should be very proud of what you have accomplished. I know that I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete