Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ok...the recipes arrive!

I don't know about you all but my favorite recipes are the EASY ones. On the days that I work, I work long hours so I need quick recipes, or ones that I can make ahead of time. Here is a dessert recipe that I took to the Gaerte Christmas in July. The recipe comes from "Gooseberry Patch"...my all time favorite cookbooks (nope not being paid to say that lol). Oh another fun fact...in the book it says that the recipe was contributed by a woman in Avilla IN...cool huh?!

Cookies and Cream Dessert

20 oz pkg choc. sandwich cookies, crushed
1/4 c margarine melted
2- 8 oz. pkgs crm cheese, softened
2- 8 oz containers frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
2- 4oz pkgs instant chocolate pudding mix

Instructions: Mix cookie crumbs with margarine; press into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9 baking pan. Combine cream cheese with ONE container of whipped topping; spread over cookie crust. Prepare pudding according to package directions; layer on top of cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping; refrigerate until firm. Makes 15 servings.

A few tips from Jess :) -- I let my pudding set up for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator before layering on the cream cheese layer. If I'm going to take this dessert somewhere I will wait until I get there to put the 2nd tub of whipped topping on...this recipe is made for a 13x9 pan but it will be VERY full. If you put your topping on, you WON"T be able to put a lid on to transport it.

Hope you all enjoy!

I'll post the other recipe maybe later today or tomorrow (shannon:))

No comments:

Post a Comment