Monday, August 31, 2009

First Friend Making Monday

"Friend Makin' Monday"
-I couldn't get the pic to load!!! Anyhow...


1. Do you cook every night? No, there are only two of us so I meal plan every week and make usually about 4-5 homecooked meals a week and the rest of the time we eat leftovers. But I guess you could say almost lol

2. What kind of laundry soap do you use? Purex, then line dry...mmm I love line dried clothes

3. Do you do laundry everyday or loads at a time? on my days off from work I do most of the laundrey (usually 4-5 loads) but if we need clothes during the week...some weeks its a load a day

4. How often do you eat out? we try not to, but its still more often than we should. Usually its just fast food but probably once a week

5. Where do you usually eat out? Usually fast food, but our fave is OLIVE GARDEN...yum

6. Favorite Retail store? Lately, its been wal-mart...sad i know

7. Favorite drink? Water and Diet Coke

8. Do you take vitamins? I should but i dont

9. What % of the household chores do you do? 80-90%...but the sickening part of it is that I
LIKE doing these things. I really like doing laundrey especially

10. Do your kids do chores? Well I don't have kids...BUT animals are like our children in our family and I am trying to teach Amos to put his toys back in his toy basket... does that count? lol

11. Do you attend church? Yep

12. Do you use a housework schedule? Yes I do, i have a three ring binder with the weekly and monthly household tasks that need done. They get checked off and dated when they are. And I also keep lists almost daily.

13.Do you keep a working budget? Yes but we're currently trying to do some work on that since Tedd is still unemployed

14. What do you do at night as a family? Well we don't have TV so its usually work inside or out until its dark and then we play a lot of board games or read. Tedd LOVES to read. Oh and we play with the animals.

15. How do you prepare for the week? Meal Plan, Grocery shop, make lists, look at my planner, prep bills and get them ready to send out, finish laundrey for monday

16. What does your morning look like? Well if I'm working that day its getting up at 5AM. Feeding and caring for all of the animals, taking a shower and getting myself ready, packing my lunch, eating breakfast, usually tidying up the house and leaving by 6:30 or before. I get to work at 7:30am and usually i don't get home until 7:00pm or later that evening.
If its a day off, I still don't sleep past 6:30...too much to do

17. What time do you get up? usually 5Am sometimes 6 or 6:30

18. What time do you go to bed? umm about 10-10:30 hopefully...i'd love to say 9:30

19. How do you manage all the paperwork that floods you house? Every day when we get the mail, it gets sorted into either the trash or the decorative mail bins hanging by the desk. Two to three times weekly that gets filed (usually not much is left since most mail is junk). The sorted mail goes into file folders such as "car insurance", "cell phone" and if its a bill that needs paid it goes into the "bills pending"folder. Then ONCE weekly i go thru the bills pending folder and pay the bills.

20. How do you keep your house organized? Well first of all, i am NOT a packrat. I get rid of almost everything I will not need. Remember this...EVERY SINGLE item you have, requires your time. You have to take care of it and clean around it and maintain it. I'm all about simplicity. The less "junk" you have the less you have to clutter things up with. Before you bring anything into you're home (even junk mail) you need to decide if its worth your time. Personally I'd rather spend it outside with my family and animals.
But lists, and having a plan of action...and staying ON TASK keeps things going pretty well around our place.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my wow. I loved what you had to say at the end about clutter taking up your time. It is so true. I have been dealing with my clutter bug ways and trying to adopt a new way of thinking. Which is probably part of the reason for all of these 20 questions, lol.

    What you said really struck a chord with me. Wow. I'm writing that down.

    ReplyDelete