Monday, June 15, 2009

THTCI


So probably none of you this but i'm a VERY scheduled and organized person. I thrive on my DAILY lists and i find it very hard to function and be productive without a list to guide me and to check off as I go throughout my days (the ones at home at least) I work a lot of hours on the days that I do work ( I worked over 12 today) so on my days off, I must be quick and hardworking.

In January I was in the Christian Bookstore in Fort Wayne and stumbled across a book called "The house that Cleans itself". This immediately peaked my interest! Wow, that sure did sound exciting lol. Well it definately is not a secret concoction that cleans your house without any elbow grease but I will say I LOVE this book. I definately encourage you to all read it soon! The author (Mindy Starns Clark...visit her here)makes many very good points. One of her main themes is to stop trying to change your families behaviors and to change your home to FIT those behaviors. Another thing she points out is that the more things you have, the more you have to take care of...simplicity!!! LOVE IT!

The author makes it a very fun read and at the end of every chapter there is even a personal messy horror story about getting caught with your house dirty haha. One thing I will say for sure is that NO ONE ever stops by when my house is clean...no one. But as soon as it gets dirty its like theres a sign that says "stop in!"

Now...if I would just apply all the principles and go through my house...someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment